Before reading this article, ask yourself how precious your piano to you is? Will you tolerate if any kind of damage happens to it? Obviously not!
Moving a piano is a painful task and should not be done by yourself until and unless you are an expert. You can even end up hurting yourself! Moreover, the piano is an expensive and heavy item that needs to be handled with care while moving. So, suggested is to hire a professional piano moving company.
Now, do you want to know in detail what risk is attached to moving a piano by yourself? Read on, to know.
- You can hurt your back severely – It is the most common kind of injury that people had to suffer from. It is so because they are not at all familiar with the proper way of moving a piano. Many people put too much stress on their back while moving the piano and thus suffer from permanent damage. There are bones, spine, disc, muscles at the back, and these are valuable parts of the body. If damaged, the movement of your body will be marred. Piano moving requires proper tools and techniques which only a professional have. Professionals have years of experience and know how to do the work carefully and correctly.
- You can smash your toes and fingers – It’s not just the back that can get hurt. You can even smash your fingers and toes badly. The most common way through which you can hurt your fingertips is by getting them caught under the lid that slams. You can now well imagine how you will damage your toes. If your fingers will get hurt, will they be able to bear the weight of a heavy piano? No, and it will fall off on your toes.
- Pianos are uneven – The weight of the piano is not distributed on all the sides. It is due to this reason that the piano moving situation is really awkward. If you ever happen to lose your grip while moving it, you can well imagine the consequences.
- You can destroy your expensive piano – It must be your first time that you are moving a piano. So you have no experience. If you are a passionate piano player and are having some feelings attached to it, then it is obvious that you will not tolerate any damage to it. Moreover, will your budget allow you to buy the new piano immediately if it is broken? The condition will worsen if you are moving it down through stairs. So, better is to leave everything on experts.
- You may not be having proper transportation – You not only have to bring piano out of the building. To move it to a new place, you need the right kind of transportation which only a professional can provide.
Don’t put your precious body under stress and hire a professional piano moving company. They will move your piano to the final destination carefully as they are fully equipped.