Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures. One of the reasons for the popularity of rhinoplasty is the dramatic results that it yields becu9of the nose being a major feature of the face that determines its appearance. Some people get rhinoplasty to ease a variety of nasal issues including nasal deviation and breathing issues. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure which, like any other surgical procedure, requires time for recovery. The recovery process also differs from individual to individual. If you are looking forward to get your rhinoplasty done and are worried about the post-surgery experience, the following tips are just for you:
- 2 to 3 Days After Rhinoplasty
This period is likely to cause you moderate pain, which can be managed through medication. You will witness swelling and/or bruising. Immediately after your procedure, you may also experience nausea from a combination of anesthesia effects and swallowed blood. To make the experience lesser uncomfortable, it is advised that the patients should sleep with their head elevated by pillows. This is done to limit swelling by making the head stay higher than their hearts. Refrain yourself from any heavy lifting or any physical activity. Do not consume drugs like aspirin or ibuprofen. Take complete rest and keep yourself hydrated to minimize pain and speed up the process recovery.
- 1 Week After Rhinoplasty
You might get relieved from excessive swelling and bruising. Apart from heavy lifting and any other strenuous activities, you can resume your everyday normal activities. You can get any splints or stitches removed by the end of the week. Do not judge your look already as it will take a while to achieve the final look.
- 3 Weeks After Rhinoplasty
By the end of three weeks, you will be able to see the seeking of all the swelling. Some nasal obstruction will still be there but the overall look of the nose will be improved greatly. You will be able to be confident in all of your social interactions.
- 3 Months After Rhinoplasty
Most of the swelling will be gone by now but the tip of your nose will continue to feel numb and very stiff. Do not be worried about the stiffness as it will only subside gradually.
- Religiously follow all the instructions provided by your rhinoplasty surgeon.
- Ask your family or a friend to help take care of you for the first few days or even weeks following your procedure. You will be needing the most help during this time. From fetching your groceries to keeping track of your medicines, you will need someone who looks after you during this period.
- Do not blow your nose or bend over.
- Do not drink alcohol for at least 2 weeks following your surgery.
- Expel your sneeze through the mouth instead of the nose.
- Do not smoke for at least 3-4 weeks.
- If you wear glasses, make sure that the cast of your glasses is removed. Also consult your rhinoplasty surgeon before starting wearing glasses.