We all are aware of those pesky black spots sitting on top of our living room walls and bathroom ceilings. Though these mold spores exist naturally in our outdoor environment, they certainly don’t deserve a place indoors. It is because they produce allergens that trigger allergic reactions in the human body when inhaled and also harm the architectural structure of the home as time goes on.

Mold is known to thrive and multiply when given favorable conditions which are darkness and dampness. The mold spores cannot grow if moisture is not present. So, in case, you experience its presence or see it invading your home or office, you must immediately check for water problems and fix them first. Otherwise, you can spend hours to clean it now and then and still have it come back soon.

There are more mistakes you can commit on the way. I have outlined major three of them below –

#1 – Not taking enough precautions

Mold infection usually happens because the homeowners allow it so. You want to know how? Well, the chances of mold invasion are highest in moist, damp and humid areas such as kitchens, bathrooms, and basements. If any plumbing leak or water problem is not taken care of, the situation aggravates.

So, install a dehumidifier and dry out the wet areas right away. Keep a close watch on pipelines and drainage and be as proactive as possible.

#2 – Applying paint over the affected areas

Mold-removal wall paints may sound like a great deal, but in reality, they are not the only one perfect solution to your problem. Generally, the coat of these paints is supposed to be applied after a thorough mold treatment and remediation, which means that the mold must be removed from the core before the paint is applied. And, if you don’t pay attention to this, you are sure to see the mold coming back to the surface soon.

Hence, to avoid trapping the mold spores against the walls and allowing it to grow under the paint, let your mold removal professionals clean out everything for you.

#3 – Using bleach on the mold

Bleach is not a sure shot method to kill the mold. Sometimes it works, and most of the times it doesn’t; that depends on the type of mold you are dealing with. In reality, scrubbing moldy surfaces or applying bleach solutions make the problem worse because there can be mold spores hiding behind the wall and leaving them unattended open the possibilities of growing them even more. Besides, not all types of mold are sensitive to bleaching ingredients.

Therefore, it is best not to resort to DIY fixes and instead use the advice of expert mold specialists. They have more experience and knowledge about mold than any regular homeowner. As per them, one must use the right cleaning supplies and antimicrobial cleansers instead of bleach for precise results.

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.