Have you seen those miniature cats, which looks like a small ball of fur from far away? Now, you need to keep in mind that, not all miniature cats are teacup kittens. Generally, teacup is a breed that originated in Persia, and hence, sometimes is acclaimed as Persian Teacups. These teacups have a weight factor that you would generally need to consider when you are planning to buy one. While the standard kitten would weight up to 20 pounds, the teacup kittens will weight between 3 to 8 pounds. This is a very important thing that you should keep in mind while you are out there, looking to buy a cute teacup kitten. Sometimes, when you are in a store, to buy a kitten, some breeders can try and sell you any kitten under ten pounds, saying them as they are teacups. But keep in mind the weighting paradigm, and you will be safe.
Teacup kitten takes up a large space, when it comes to the domestic pet’s scene today. In the modern world, people tend to rent small houses or apartments owing to the space restriction, and hence, they do not have space to accommodate another pet. Teacup’s do not take up much space, and they are the favorites among the masses. Now, in this article, we will discuss about some of the things you should know about Teacup Kittens.
- As we discussed that, teacup cats are very small, at the same time, they are also very tolerant around children, which makes it an ideal family pet.
- Now, Teacups, being a breed by itself, have sub-breeds. These cats are generally inbred, to be small. Actually, the smallest cat from one breed, is bred with another smallest cat from another breed, in each generation. With each mating, there is one teacup or as they say, a miniature is born. Since, the smallest cat of two breeds are mated with each other, this leads to dwarfism, and as a result of dwarfism these, teacups or other types of miniatures are born.
- The most popular type of teacup is, the MiniPer, which is again a combination of exotics and Persian breed cats. As, we were discussing there are two types of dwarfism when it comes to cats, the MiniPer are primordial dwarves. There body is more or less proportional in every way, but the primary difference between these MiniPer and the standard exotic or Persian cats, is that, the MiniPer are much smaller. The MiniPaws are the other variant when an exotic and a Persian undergoes mating. MiniPaws carries the gene of both primordial and achondroplastic dwarfism. Their bodies unlike the MiniPer is not proportional, and their legs are also very shortened resulting it to be somewhat deformed.
- One of the newest type of teacup is called Napoleon, which is the result of mating of a munchkin and a Persian. Napoleon looks similar to that of a Persian, but with a smaller size. It has got the beautiful big eyes and furry coats, just like the Persians.
- Another new type of teacup is called lambkin. It is called lambkin, because of their resemblance with lambs in general. These lambkins are produced by mating a Selkirk Rex and a Munchkin, and has got soft coats.
If you want to buy a lovely adorable teacup kitten, then you should head to CatsCreation, who has an amazing breeding program for all breeds to cats. Contact them to know more.