A facelift is theoretically termed as Meloplasty or Rhytidectomy. It is the most extensive way of removing or reducing all your wrinkles and unnecessary drooping of the skin, caused because of ageing. In this cosmetic procedure, the skin is factually lifted off the face, in order to tighten the skin and the tissue beneath, and then repositioning of the outer skin will be carried out smoothly over the face.
Once you go through a surgery like this, you will definitely look younger and healthier than ever. Moreover, it helps you attain the ultimate level of self-confidence and improves your standard of living too.
In general, there are many different types of face-lift procedures that can be performed, such as:
• Traditional/SMAS: This is the most common standard lift, built to haul up drooping skin. This technique is basically used to tighten and re-position the overlying skin layer, which makes you look young and fresh.
• Deep-plane : This facelift was designed to alter facial changes caused by ageing.
• Thread Lift: This is a non-surgical approach which involves insertion of very fine surgical sutures into the soft tissue of the face, in order to lift and support flabby areas.
It’s better to prepare yourself meticulously and calm your nerves down in order to overcome all the risks and consequences related to the procedure. Instead of getting nervous, you should consider certain steps, which includes:
• Characterizing your goals - this includes organizing a list of all your specific goals that you’d like to be fulfilled through the surgery.
• Getting yourself both physically and mentally prepared - your emotions play a vital part when it comes to taking major decisions, so it’s better to keep hold of your emotions before going in for this treatment.
• Finding out the risks involved - it’s important that you find out all the potential risks, which include excessive blood loss, sudden illness, infirmity, infection, or any other complications associated with the surgery.
• Experience and qualification - Your doctor should possess proper knowledge and experience about the chosen surgical procedure when it comes to carrying out the procedure correctly. Moreover, it is important that you clear all your surgery related doubts first, and then move further to the next step, i.e. hiring a skilled surgeon for performing your treatment properly.
• Asking for references - you can also ask them to provide a list of patients who had undertaken this treatment. Once they provide you the report containing the list of all their satisfied patients, then comes your turn to clarify all your doubts and queries related to the surgery.
Also, it’s better to clean your house properly and carry out all your laundry work several days before your treatment in order to avoid any unnecessary physical exertion after the operation.